A Discussion with Hilda Solis: DOL Sets 2010 Priorities
Wage and Hour Division must expand its efforts to ensure that workers are
employed in compliance with the laws we enforce. Our 2011 budget request for an
additional $12 million and 90 new investigators will help us to achieve this."
-- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis
On February 24, 2009, Hilda L. Solis was confirmed as the Secretary of Labor. In
this FREE HR Hero White Paper, Solis reveals the DOL's top priorities for 2010,
including new wage & hour enforcement initiatives, the new "Misclassification
Initiative" and the industries the Department is planning to target for
In this in-depth interview, Solis lays out the five top priorities for the DOL
- Significantly reduce fatalities resulting from the most common causes by
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)-covered workplaces and
- Reduce the number of repeat violators of minimum wage, overtime, and
workplace safety laws.
- Improve worker rights and livelihoods for vulnerable populations in
developing-country trading partners.
- Create a program to help workers injured on the job return to work so
that they can continue to be productive members of America's workforce.
- Increase opportunities for America's workers to acquire the skills and
knowledge to succeed in a knowledge based economy.
To get your FREE HR Hero white paper, simply complete the brief registration form and we'll provide you with an immediate download link.
Already an HRhero
Download here with just your e-mail address.
By downloading this white paper, you acknowledge that we have permission
to contact you. View complete
Service at (800) 274-6774.